3.07.2013

Wake Up Sleeping Beauty

So to keep up with my running cause I've been doing a pretty shitty job as of late and spend time with my family so they actually remember I do live here I decided that I am going to wake my sorry butt up and run in the mornings on Thursdays so I have the evenings to nag spend quality time with them.

This may not seem very daunting to most but for me this means waking up at 3:30AM  to be on the road for work by 5:15AM.  So today was my first Thursday and of course DQ was up all night with a cough.  At 3:30  I called off work and seriously debated going back to bed (I have to stay home all day with a sick kiddo I need my strength...right??)  I even got as far as climbing back into bed...and stayed there for a whole 5 minutes before good choices or guilt but what ev kicked in.  I got dressed  grabbed a banana and off I went.


Yes folks that's AM


That gym was a ghost town, only a few hard core peeps were there (look at me I'm hard core!)  and I totally kicked some treadmill butt HELL YA!  Though it was hard to get up I love morning runs and always do better than in the afternoon or evening.



Look at all that liquid awesome!!
and that weird face, what was I doing?


A little full body shot for ya.
 
I'm so glad I didn't flake this morning I felt great afterwards.  Then I remembered I have a session with my trainer this afternoon at 5PM doh...  Oh well looks like a double hitter today, but at least I will be home sooner that if I stayed a ran afterward.  Also since I was home with DQ I was able to get a crapton of stuff done today (which means I spent the day cleaning the house).

Do you like to workout in the mornings or in the evenings?

3 comments:

  1. That may be the most hardcore thing I've heard of in a while! Way to Go Girl. You're blazing the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your post/blog---and can so relate!!! I have to get up at 4:30am for my workout before work. I was doing great in January and February---March--not so much--at all. But I agree with you, I felt amazing for the rest of the day when I did the am workout. I have got to get my motivation back! I have even thought about moving the treadmill back to my bedroom from downstairs so its starring me in the face!! LOL!!!
    Thanks again for the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's so hard, but worth it (I think). When my treadmill was in my room it became a really nice clothes hanger lol, so I got rid of it. Now I have to drive to the gym...god how I wish I had that treadmill back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts