7.28.2014

Back to Normal

Life is somewhat going back to normal this week.  It's no less busy but at least I know what's coming.
This weekend we had to take Ash back home to Arizona.  This is actually only the second time we have had her for more than a few hours (in the early years the hubs and his ex did not get along at all, but in the last few years things are so much better.  Everyone seems to be in a happier place in their lives and getting along which is great.  It makes me so happy to work on becoming one big happy family and the ex is actually pretty ok).

So we started off early Saturday. As you all know I'm the morning person, and the commuter so of course I drove while they all slept.

Shh don't tell but I actually like it that way, it was a nice quiet drive with my thoughts and the radio.

After dropping Ash off we headed to our friends Amy and Jason it was great to see them and the girls and DQ had so much fun playing with them I really wish we could have stayed longer, next time for sure!

I shoved everyone in the car early again on Sunday to head home.  We hit a ton of thunder and lighting storms on the way home.  It was so neat to watch (we have very little "real" weather in Southern California). It even broke up enough to get a rainbow.

After sitting all that time I really need to move around, I thought about going to the gym but there was so much that needed to be done around the house, and DQ has been asking to plant the garden again, (obviously we are very late in our summer planting this year) and I just watched Food Inc..  (more on that later) so I went full force on the garden and that was my work out. When I was done I was dripping sweat and smelled like rosemary better than manure I guess but that rosemary bush was a bitch to get out!  It looks so pretty now though and hopefully we will have some melons, squash,peppers and a pumpkin or two (that was what DQ really wanted)  in a few months. 


One last but awesome thing Tia over at Hand On Pants Off is hosting a giveaway for a $25 Target gift card, so why not head on over and enter!

Linking up with Katie,  Leann, and the Motivation Monday girls.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great weekend! I love the break from the normal, but then I always am ready to get back to the normal schedule...lol. Hope you have a great week :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome weekend! I wish I knew how to garden and I didn't have such a black thumb! Hopefully in a few months you guys will get to enjoy those wonderful garden items!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts