7.21.2014

I NEED Veggies!!

Holla Amigos, I'm back!!
Whew that was one busy but fun week, I do not know how people who travel a lot do it.  I am exhausted!!  It truly was a trip and not a "vacation".  I saw lots of family that I haven't seen in almost twenty years (all who do not speak a lick of English) so needless to say my Spanish got very good there towards the end. So much so that I swear I started to dream in Spanish lol.
As well as having lots of family time we also did A LOT of sight seeing. My dad is very big on exploring and not staying in one place for to long. and making sure we see every freaking stature in the state and a mummy museum to boot, true story!


So while I was gone I learned a few things.

1. There are a few places in this world where it is just not safe to run.  My Dad's hometown was a great place and everyone was super friendly as long as they were NOT in a car! I swear they drive like maniacs seriously they play chicken for sport. And the sidewalks were pretty non-existent. But I did climb a butt load of stairs sight seeing!
Just one of the many flight of stairs we climbed. This is the Guanajuato University

2. There are no veggies in Central Mexico!  Ok that's not really true, but it felt that way. There seriously was not a salad in 99% of the places we went, and no veggies with your meal.  I'm not really sure why and my dad couldn't say either it's just the way it is I guess.
but the tacos were Ah-Mazing!
 
 
3.  Going "off the grid" was way harder that I thought is was going to be. I guess I never really though about how much I/we are on our phones, tablets, just technology in general.  By the 3rd day I was ready to sell DQ begging for some wi-fi.

So that pretty much was my trip in a nutshell I don't want to bore you with a play by play, but I'm sure I will be peppering my next few posts with a story here and there of our trip.  And I'll finish this post with a few pics.

Last but not least I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to my bestie Carrie for throwing in a guest post last Wednesday for you all.  Not going to lie I am a bit jelly of all the fun those girls had! Looks like we might need to plan another so I can go :)

We had to sit through two Catholic masses in one day! Holy Crap I forgot how long those babies are..
 
Daniella the Birthday girl.
 
The city of Guanajuato
Checking out the mines...so many stairs...
 
Having lunch al fresco.
 
The Famous Juarez Theater


Me and my Pops
 
 

Linking up with Katie and Leeann.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing trip! I'm glad you have your wifi back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww glad you had such a wonderful time (even without wifi!) The trip looks amazing though and even if you didn't get as much exercise or eat as well as you had hoped, the memories will last you forever! Now back at it this week though! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love to read them and I respond to every one. If you have not gotten a response it is probably because you are a "no-reply" blogger and I am unable too.

You can fix it by going to your BLOGGER ACCOUNTS then click on your Dashboard, go to EDIT PROFILE and check mark SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, Then click save settings. This will allow you to get return comments :)

Popular Posts